Saturday, February 7, 2009

After the Storm


It is Saturday morning! Sitting here watching the sun rise over the very deep piles of snow and water and I am just realizing that today is going to be a huge melting flood. Everything looks very wet outside and I hear the temperatures are going to rise to at least 50 degrees. We have been in a deep freeze for so long now, I will have to find something fun to do outside with my little guy and a camera today for sure. 
I added this photograph of lake Michigan to my etsy store today. It was taken late in the fall after a night of severe thunderstorms. In the morning the air was full of calm and peace with beautiful sunlight, there was only a light breeze, but the water on the lake was still telling the story of the storm with high and fast waves. What an amazing morning that was. 
Here is the listing for : After the Storm




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shot! I never would have guessed it was Lake Michigan! Those are some big breakers!

Kenna Elizabeth said...

... and what a lovely shot. The clouds and waves seem to mimic each other, chasing one another off into the horizon line.

Jennifer Aitchison said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments girls :)
That means a lot to me :)